Open Air School
Open Air School lies nestled in the suburb of Glenwood in Durban, surrounded by Glenwood High School and Glenwood Junior Primary School. We cater for approximately 260 learners, from pre-primary to grade 12, providing education to children with Special Educational Needs.
Embracing the school motto, “I can and I will”, learners persevere and many go on to excel in academics, sports and cultural activities. In fact, many present and past learners have gone on to compete provincially, nationally and internationally in various sporting codes.
The hostel, situated a stone’s throw away from UKZN Howard College Campus, provides a term-time home to many of the high school learners who live too far from the school to commute on a daily basis.
What Do We Offer Learners?
- Pre-primary to Matric LSEN education
- Specialist staff & educators
- Specialised support & development
- Psychological therapy
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Professional medical support
- Skills-based training classes
- Extracurricular activities
- Hostel accommodation for term boarders